2009年12月10日星期四

代公司买美钞,兴华二度被捕

十月三日一个小生命加入了我们的家庭。我初为人母,不大会带孩子,但是以理非常活泼可爱,又很爱笑,带给我们很多欢乐。我们租了木匠工坊边的一间房,虽然外在的环境并不理想,但是我们开始感觉到这里是我们的家了。

教会中的长者对我们的生活很是关心,有一天夏文藻弟兄来看访我们,想介绍兴华去和阎锡山有关的同记公司做会计主任。这公司的李总经理新近信了耶稣,想请基督徒为他工作,比较靠得住。兴华很有兴趣,但他看见前两任犹太人留下的两大箱烂账,又是用英文的,他有些犹疑了,因为他从没有用英文作过账。经我鼓励,他接受了这个挑战。当这些陈账算清楚时,他已经得心应手了。感谢主,在我们存款几乎用罄时给了兴华工作。敬畏耶和华的人什么好处都不缺。

12月的某一天中午,公司的同事忽然来我家,问,“孙先生在家吗?他携带公款去办事,至今不回来,如果也不在家,莫非已逃出境外?”我听了大为震惊。兴华那会做出这种事来?但他果然没有回家,我在焦急中等待,只有祷告。在漫漫长夜中抱着两个月大的婴儿,不禁悲从中来。

第二天,兴华的下属郑以理来,告诉了我原委。当时政府管制黄金美钞的买卖,贸易公司如同记公司常需要美钞,只好从黑市买。这天总经理叫兴华和郑以理去买美钞,到了一特定地点,许多商人都带着巨额台币而来。正在进行交易时,卖方忽然亮出枪来,原来这是警方设下的陷阱。所有买家被团团围住,钱也被充公。郑以理正好回去取更多钱,当他再回到现场,兴华忙告诉警察他只是来送钱的,并不是负责人,他才侥幸脱身。

兴华则下落不明。

过了三四天,郑以理打听到兴华关在青岛东路的看守所,于是他和他的朋友卞先生负责送衣物和食品,总经理则到处想办法来营救。我也再度向郭骥先生求救,也厚着脸皮去找从没向他致谢的李立柏,但是他们都不敢沾手“钱”的事,帮不了忙。

兴华是家里的好帮手,没有了他,虽然薪水还是照拿,我的生活马上落入困境。幸好有教会姐妹来陪我一起照顾孩子。公司也派了秘书来帮忙,才勉强渡过了这段凄凉的日子。

看守所非常拥挤,又没洗澡,兴华过了二十几天就带了张条子要疥疮的药。过了新年,兴华才被审问,结果无罪释放。钱当然是充公了。郑以理去接他,先陪他去理发洗澡,等他站在家门口,人已经小了一圈。我看了心酸,他却微笑地对着我,好像没有发生过什么似的。

这件事给我们一个教训,不能忠于公司而不辨什么是该做或不该做的,也不应不谙法律,导致误轁法网。总之是涉世未深之故。幸而神怜悯,保佑他平安回家。


A new life joined our family on October 3. I was mother for the first time and didn't know much about babies, but Daniel was a happy baby that laughed a lot and brought much joy to our life. By then we were living next to a carpenter's workshop. Although the external environment was far from ideal, we began to feel at home in Taiwan with the arrival of our son.

Church elders were concerned about us and through one of them Charles got a job of chief accountant at a trading company. One day in December, a colleague of his showed up at my door and asked for Charles. He said that Charles took some company money to run an errand and hadn't returned. If he was not at home, maybe he had embezzled the money. I was shocked. How could anyone even think of Charles doing such a thing? But Charles didn't return that night.

The next morning, another colleague, Mr Zheng, came over and told me that Charles was arrested while trying to buy US dollars. I learned then that buying and selling gold and US dollars was controlled by the government. Trading firms such as Charles's needed lots of US dollars and had to turn to black market. Charles walked into a trap set by the police. Mr Zheng escaped arrest as Charles told the police he was not involved.

After three days of frentic search, Mr Zheng finally found out where Charles was being locked up. He began sending food and sundries to Charles while Charles's boss tried all channels to find a solution. I turned to Mr Guo again for help and even went to look for General Li who issued our entry permit, although I had never called on him to thank him for that before! However, neither of them could do anything.

About three weeks into captivity, Charles sent word that he had rashes as the place was crowded and there was no shower facility. He was held until January. After the police finally questioned him, he was again released on the spot. Mr Zheng picked him up and took him to a public bath house for a haircut and shower. When he appeared at our door, he was literally one size smaller than I last saw him. I felt like crying, but he just looked at me and smiled, as though nothing had happened.

This episode was a serious lesson to us. Charles shouldn't have followed the boss's order blindly. He was after all too young and inexperienced. That he came home safely was truly God's mercy.

没有评论: